Until the reformation becomes established, it will be difficult to find a fellowship. This is where you might take a leadership role in helping to bring about a fellowship. Here are a few guidelines that should be helpful in your endeavor
- This website covers many important elements to help make sure a fellowship doesn’t degrade back into a preeminent establishment. Make sure you study much of the content, including Pedagogy of the Suppressed (POTS): the adaptation of Paulo Freire’s work found in the Praxis menu.
- In establishing a pedagogy for facilitating a reformation against preeminent suppression, themes can help facilitate the conscientização. This can lead to the essential praxis that will allow the reformation to take root. The fruit will be the emergence of true fellowships where Jesus is the one and only Shepherd; the only preeminent one, the dynamics of which are beyond our imagination. Make sure you go through the Themes submenu found in the Bible menu.
- Here are some things from POTS that are essential elements for anyone desiring to be a leader.
- It is absolutely essential that the suppressed participate in the reformation process with an increasingly critical awareness of their role as Subjects of the reformation. If they are drawn into the process as ambiguous beings, partly themselves and partly the Suppressors housed within them—and if they come to freedom from those who have been Preeminent over them, yet still embodying that ambiguity imposed on them by the situation of Suppression—it is highly likely that they will merely imagine they have divested themselves of the Preeminent power over them. Their existential duality may even facilitate the rise of a sectarian climate leading to the installation of new Preeminent personages which will undermine the reformation. If the suppressed do not become aware of this ambiguity during the course of the reformation process, they may participate in that process with a spirit more revanchist than reformative. They may aspire to reformation as a means of achieving their own Preeminent domination, rather than as a road to liberation from Preeminent Suppression.
- If reformation leaders, who incarnate a genuine return to Christ as the only one who is Preeminent over his Church, have difficulties and problems, the difficulties and problems will be far greater for a group of leaders who try (even with the best of intentions) to carry out the reformation for the people. To attempt this is equivalent to carrying out a reformation without the people, because the people are drawn into the process by the same methods and procedures used to Suppress them.
- Dialogue with the people is radically necessary to every authentic reformation. Sooner or later, a true reformation must initiate a courageous dialogue with the people. Its very legitimacy lies in that dialogue. It cannot fear the people, their expression, their effective participation in transforming that power. It must be accountable to them, must speak frankly to them of its achievements, its mistakes, its miscalculations, and its difficulties.
- Once the fellowship is established and Jesus is in preeminent control, then he will guide things exactly as they should go. Each fellowship will be made up of different people making it impossible to anticipate all that Jesus has for any one group. My best advice is to be ready by faith to see mountains being moved.